Monster Garage airs January 4th

The production company and Jesse owns it together as far as I know. They keep the vette in storage along with all the other vehicles. I told Jesse and the production manager that I wanted to buy the car and they both gave their blessings that I’d be the first to know but that was over a year ago. If they want to continue to show it off then I’m sure it’ll be years till I can actually have a chance to buy it. That’s if they won’t demand an outrageous amount of course. That’s why I need to get myself ready if and when I can get it, so I have a place to store it properly.
I believe that this car deserves to be more than just a stagnant, polished mantle piece. I’d make that car fully functional that has the ability to perform reliably. Completely redesign the gasifer system and give it the beans. Travel to vocational/trade schools to show that there is success in fabrication and taking a risk. Unlike what my guidance counselor told me when he said only degenerates go to vocational school.
Now look at what this diesel tech has done :rofl:

9 Likes

The vehicles from the first iteration of Monster Garage wound up going to Barret Jackson and I saw them on TV at that time. From whatI recall, they mostly went incredibly cheap. So even though it’s a vette, there a chance it could be affordable for the average person.

4 Likes

I got news today that Jesse wants to sell the car. Waiting on a call from him shortly. I’m freaking out just a bit. I have nowhere to store it. But my brother in California may be able to buy it and have a place to store it properly. I just want this car to stay in the woodgas community and not just a stagnant showpiece or parted out.

5 Likes

That’s exactly the way I personally felt when The 92 Dakota truck from the book was offered to be sold. I didn’t want it to fall into a disarray and end up in a junk pile in a wrecking yard some where. I knew I would take of it for the DOW membership, being it is the truck on the cover of book, Have Wood Will Travel.
Bob

7 Likes

Kyle,
I hope you get it. That would be great.

5 Likes

That would really be a showstopper to see in person, or along all the trucks at Argos

5 Likes

WOODGAS Corvette is up for sale. Asking price is $35k (I know, it’s pricy).
I’ll be keeping an eye out on where it goes so I can see it in person again. I only hope it’ll be maintained in fully operational status. :wood::fire::dash:

9 Likes

I think he needs to update that add, there are a few rigs on wood faster then 72mph :grin:

10 Likes

Well, I guess the Salt Flats don’t accept speeding tickets as submissions for top speed.

6 Likes

Kyle,
I know at one time you were hoping to get the Corvette. I wonder if they would give you a price break. It should go to someone who knows how to operate it.

3 Likes

I told him that I’ll have to pass and gave him my blessing. I don’t even have cash to give him the lowest of low-ball offers. It was a great experience so I’ll keep it at that I guess. I’ll make another from a Firebird in the future. Has a better ring to it anyway :call_me_hand:
But the good news is that I may have another tv show opportunity that involves my '76 squarebody with the Ben Peterson style gasifier. I’ll keep everyone updated.

11 Likes

The Roast Turkey, clutching a log. I can see it now.

4 Likes

I know, we need to have a hood mural contest :grin:

4 Likes

I’ve saved an old SS front vanity plate, I’m thinking of putting it on the GMC.

When I eventually get the body work done we’re painting it hotrod black and I think I want to do smoke motifs on the side. The Super Smoker.

5 Likes

30 plus years ago my BIL and myself were helping a cousin build a hobby stock car. We worked at the FIL turkey farm so to make the car stand out my wife painted a fire breathing turkey on the hood I told her about this thread she said she didn’t want other people using her design but might be willing to do a sketch or two. But didn’t want to share the picture of the hood.:shushing_face:

5 Likes

The Corvette sold. If you see it or know where it may have gone, please let me know. I’m going to hunt this car down for the rest of my life :wood::fire::dash: SWEM

6 Likes

You might want to check Jay L’s garage to see if he bought it.
Bob

4 Likes

I’ll keep my eyes open here in the L.A. area, and see if the new owner needs a first-hand builder’s tutorial on how to get this vette started or even an updated design! :boom: :boom: :boom:

Better be on standby for a plane ticket if I find it Kyle

6 Likes