My gasifier on m 412.first launch of the gasifier on chocks

Nice charcoal coming out of your ash dump. Screen it and it is ready to go again to be used.
Bob

2 Likes

I sure would like to see how you built your gas filter.
Bob

1 Like

JO _Olsson, thank you, I really tried and spent a lot of time on the construction. There is no problem with heat in the trunk, the lower part of the trunk is open, and there is a gap under the lid on top, it makes it possible to cool. At the moment, I used a square tube 80 × 80 length 7 m and for the summer time I use an additional cooler made of a 60 × 60 profile. For mixing the gas I made a spacer under the carburetor, this makes it possible to start the engine on gasoline in extreme conditions, but only in rare cases.There are absolutely no problems with smoke, I installed a check valve on the air inlet, in practice the valve has justified itself, it works perfectly!

7 Likes

Bob, I will definitely show the filter how to clean it.

3 Likes

Bob, I reuse this charcoal and it has benefits.

Значок "Перевірено спільнотою"

5 Likes

Steve, thanks for evaluating my photos and the gasification method I have chosen, for me this method is more suitable as you can refuel in the forest.

3 Likes

Vitaly,
I like it. It was expensive to make the ring around the tuyeres. I like how air is heated by the gas from the grate.
I like the screen to hold the wood in the hopper.
I like the air compressor made from a refrigerator too.
It’s a shame you had to cut up that producer and put it in a car. It looks like it would make good gas for a generator or traktor.
I suppose there are two schools. One charcoal, one green wood.

3 Likes

One more question if I may.
What about hopper puffs? Your hopper lid looks pretty solid. Do you have some kind of pressure release?

2 Likes

Hi Bruce, I now see three schools. One charcoal, two green (wet) wood, and three wood that must be dried out to about 18 % moisturizer content to be used. The last one is what most of the wood gasifers half to do.
Bob

2 Likes

This photo shows a check valve.

2 Likes

Bob,
Number three brings the most pain and suffering. Half stepping, and getting wet wood in the hopper fills half the comments in this forum…rodding down, bridging, tar, stuck engines, etc.

2 Likes

I always use dead, nature-dried trees, chop them with my machine and use them both in the car and for heating the house. And I shield that this does not harm nature. Drying wood on my own is not profitable.

4 Likes

No problems with clogging of engines. If the gasifier is built correctly, there are no clogs.

2 Likes

Bobmac,
Ha! four years ago I was also forced to dry firewood in a dryer, but then my brain won over my laziness and I started experimenting with various improvements … The first thing I did was to select the optimal dimensions of the reactor core, then work with air tuyeres ( their diameter, number and direction), later a condensing device and solutions for heating the bunker appeared, the latter is a Schwelgaz suction.

4 Likes

Yes, the lid was installed without a spring, but there were no problems in 3 years of use, if cotton appeared, excess pressure went through the cooler to the filter and there was a hose discharge on it.

3 Likes

Agreed with the forum half filled with operational difficulties BruceJ.

Most of these could be avoided by just two measures:
Insulate the system cores.
Gas demand heavier load the systems.

Tom Collins requested of Jan video of his driving RPM on his on his 4.3L GM V-6. Sounds to be in 4th overdrive for most of that video.
Pull down into engine forced up 3rd RPM.
Even pull down to 2nd maybe 3000 RPM.
Betcha’ that gasifier will now heat and not bridge.
Slow 4OD was to conserve gasoline and get GM C.A.F.E. credits. Wood is free for the sweating. No Gov’Mint standards to have to slave to.

Your and mine stationary electrical generation gasifing. Hell. Man you’re going to do it with that large old tractor engine. Batch gasify hot n’heavy for two four hour daily bulk charging cycles. Heck. Farm that sucker for engine and exhaust for winter domestic water heats too.
You PV with batteries. Your gasifier recharged batteries are your carry over.

The nearly impossible is to raw wood gasify for a small 5 hp/2.5 kWel system hour after hour continuously. Just not enough heat loading. Only a few can do this.
Most: better to sing the charcoal, “Black is Beautiful”.

So married happy man, You no longer practice, Oh Canada, eh. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::innocent:
S.U.

1 Like

I hear you on this Vitality, I use the cherry orchards yearly pruning nature-dried 3 to 4 years and poplar tree wind break that die. All dead trees, and scrap wood find. My model is “Don’t just throw wood away, reuse it” in my gasifer.
Bob

2 Likes

Theree is a video of the first starts of the gasifier and a trip in the city. If you can go, please unsubscribe.

2 Likes

Vitaliy,
I apologise deeply. I do not have Facebook.
I see from the first video, that the m412 is perfected!

2 Likes

As the old saying go “How come when others save time and energy in doing things, they are Efficient. But when I do the same thing I’m Lazy.”
:grin: yup, that’s me in a nutshell.
Bob

5 Likes