Picking a date for Argos 2018

Hmm, polls seem to be broken. We need to take a vote on which weekend. Can choose multiples.

• May 4-6
  • May 11-13 (Mothers Day)
  • May 18-20
  • May 25-27 (Memorial Day)
  • June 1-3
1 Like

May 11th 12th 13th is my vote. Second choice 4th 5th 6th of May.
Edit: May 25th, 26th, 27th, might work also. And it would be warmer for us all.
Bob

1 Like

Hello Chris .

I can work with any of those dates .

Have you heard from Ron Lemler and family to see if they are willing to host again ?

1 Like

Not sure if that worked but I agree with Bob.

1 Like

Hmmm
Apparently quotes are tricky

2 Likes

I like june its warmer, spring seems like it hangs on later and later these global cooling conditions, were in s 30 year cycle near the top for cooling trends, high 90’ and a few 105s predicted for kanasa. I got a Mike lorosa kind of car i might make this year it gets about 30 too gallon on highway. No trailer for cooking hhco yet.You folks in the deep south are more than welcom too take a dip in lake michigan in july and august i think the water is about 60 f degrees in the big lake.

2 Likes

May 11-13 or 25-27 would be best for me workwise.
Also, I’m happy to help out with the preparation, but I have no idea how these things are done. I’d need some coaching.

3 Likes

I’ll plan to be there whatever days get the votes. I would not miss it if I could help it. Andy’s dates work best for me too though. I will help with whatever I am able to do also.

3 Likes

25 -27 would be best for me

3 Likes

Hello All

I just got an email from Ron Lemler . The officials of the fair grounds will contact him tomorrow with the dates the fair ground is available.

5 Likes

Hello Wayne and Woodgas group. Here are the open dates for May and June for the Argos Meetup.
May 4-6, May 11-13, June1-3, June 8-10 the rest of June is taken. We are not able to host on Memorial Weekend due to previous obligations. Let us know what date is best for most people and we will reserve it as soon as possible. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Ron L.

2 Likes

Thank you Mr. Ron!!

I can go with any weekend but I would like to vote for May 11-13 to give the west coast boys Bobmac and Michael Gibb just a little advantage ( long trip ). May 11-13 was there first choice .

Edit . Just read Billy North’s post on his event so I will go back to neutral .

1 Like

Hi Wayne, the 4th through 6th of May will work just as good, and it will not interfere with Billy North’s Event. That was our second choice.
Bob

1 Like

June 8-10 would also work for me.
Thank you mr Ron for sponsoring this for us.

2 Likes

I will not be attending this year’s event.
For me spring time has always been an issue. Getting the garden going and opening cabins and getting clients ready for the summer has to come first. This year I am trying to get a plant nursery started as well.
Hoping you all have a good time. If anyone is driving by and need a fill up I will be able to hook you up with some dry wood chunks.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a “can not attend” problem with June 1-3? I fear the first weekend in May will be cold. Several folks have asked for a potentially warmer time, this is primarily an outdoor event in Northern Indiana. Please, please reply if you strongly dislike June 1-3. Please “Like” if you can come that weekend. This is a poll, and the date will be set SOON.

3 Likes

Hi Mike, I could make it on June 1st and 2nd would have to leave early on the 3rd. I need to be back on the 7th. I’m not sure about Michael on that date. We would have to travel on Memorial Day not the best day to travel.
Bob

1 Like

A lot of folks leave early on Sunday. Yes, travelling on Memorial day can be busy, but you are going the opposite way of the crowd, I think!

1 Like

Joanne, dakota and I can make any of those dates. Thanks Chris for picking my truck to post. I hope my new fame doesn’t change me. (ha ha)

3 Likes

Hi mike i know i havent made it too the event yet but the june time sounds better too me. I am hopeing. Too make it sooner or later,Winter has been slow letting go up here in the michigan near indeana wether zone, quit a few winters.I could allways roll intoo the camp fire, i did that one spring up in granton michigan go kart track.

2 Likes