Predator 224 6.6 hp

Ok, I stopped at Harbor Freight in Marquette, on the way through, and bought a 224.
So…I am sure it’s senility, as I don’t need it, but I wanted it.
What should I do with it?

7 Likes

Mini bike or go kart

5 Likes

Fine! I ordered this too

s-l400 (1)

6 Likes

Build a little woodgas trophy truck!

6 Likes

How many of those golf carts do you have. You could just use the body and add tracks and the engine. Get around in the winter when the sun isn’t shining on your solar cart.

7 Likes

Put it on a shelf and every time you walk by it say to yourself “what did I buy that for again?”

12 Likes

Don,
I excel at that very thing! I am so good at it already, that I bought a sawmill to make lumber so I can get into the shelf building business!

12 Likes

Hmmm so many options… Minibike on charcoal, gocart on same, I dig the idea of a tracked gold cart, doubled with belt drive to generator head and twin alternators for charging the solar cart or small mobile power tools. Quick interchange for a mobile hydraulic pump, options are endless!

5 Likes

You could repower an old tractor for cheap.
Rindert

13 Likes

I have seen lots of predator powered mud trucks with big gear reduction, but that’s the first tractor i have seen!

7 Likes

Mini bike with a side car and charcoal gasifier for power

5 Likes

I’m not as bad as I used to be I admit I have bought some of these little Engines just to take the apart and see what’s inside

6 Likes

I saw that video a while back Rindert. I guess seeing is believing. Still a stretch for me.

4 Likes

Come to think of it Jacob did something like that too. Of course he gassed it. :smile: I would imagine something like that might come in handy for dragging wood out of the back 40 or something.
Rindert

7 Likes

That made me remember Jacobs first small tractor build at Argos.
Especially the pipe union driveline connector! Budding genius!

8 Likes

I still say minibike.

FInd a Chinese 165 build a large side car.
Where the engine currently is put the gasification unit, behind the side car a the clone.
This leaves a lot of room for people and wood and it will be interesting to look at too as well as functional

The rear slant of the clone lends itself well to blending into the space behind the side car and between the bike and car.
You could even get very very clever and buy one of those differential units from B&M karts to make the thing turn as well as have better than the single wheel for traction and driving.

4 Likes

Never heard of those differential units, can’t find them from a cursory search. I know Cyclekart guys get Mazda MX differentials and build a new housing to attach a sprocket to.

I prefer live axle, for suspension you can just use u joints for pivoting. That or single wheel for power. Even Urals have a selection for turning off 2x2.

2 Likes

I want to resurrect the work of a group doing freeware ideas of building equipment around what they called a power cube. This was a gas motor,(charcoal or wood) driving a hydraulic pump, a reservoir, that could be put into any application. Lift it and put in a tractor, use the hydraulics to drive wheels or a backhoe, put it in a cement mixer and use the hydraulics to run the mixer, put it in a hay bailer and bail hay, just a hydraulic power supply for any application. A perfect application for you motor. do a search for power cube if you are interested.
kent

3 Likes

Comet industries went out of business about 15 years ago.
There were lots of parts floating around but maybe the well is going dry now.
This is the SCD-1

A live axle trike is not easy to turn Cody…

2 Likes

Only way I know how to have one now is either buy a lawn mower chain drive differential or build one

For a sidecar bike I just use the main wheel for power.

1 Like