Škoda pickup on wood

Are your nozzle holes pointing slightly up?

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/9qZvzJcSwpY

The complete gasifier.

12 Likes

After filming this, l got a visitor so the work stopped. A friend invited us to her place, she wants to build a dam for a ram pump so l helped her with that. Some fresh water felt good to wash off the angle grinder dust and welder smoke.

Its the first time ever l encountered beavers in our lands. They were hunted extinct in the last century and now repopulated. She is not excited about them :smile:

Imediatly l got a flashback from when me and JO visited Mr Wayne. The only one time l can remember him speaking out a swear was regarding beavers :smile:

I did a lightup when l came home but the video keeps failing to upload…

8 Likes

Just remember those beavers are a great source of quality low fat high protein gmo free pink slime free all organic meat! Not sure if you can harvest them or not but a beaver in the water is the same as meat in the freezer. Around me I manage a few lakes and streams and pull out a few each year and leave the rest to repopulate. Yes they can cause a crazy amount of damage very quickly if left unchecked but a dam would be a sweet setup for a ram pump I think?

6 Likes

Ha, unless you are a poacher thats not gonna happen anytime soon here. Hunting laws are insane here. It literaly takes years from the time you join the hunting comunity to when you can actualy harvest a deer. And even when you do you have to buy it from the state! Then you need to send the jawbone to the officials as proof l think… As for poaching, its a thing but a risky one. Deer make a lot of damage as they are overpopulated in some areas and people take things in their own hands. But l have heard a guy got 2 years for poaching an elk…

5 Likes

Poaching is a pretty serious offense here, usually they take your hunting fishing trapping rights, your gun rights, any vehicle involved and depending on the offense local and federal government will take everything you own. Most highly regulated here is duck hunting very stern federal rules implied across the country with strictly shotgun use, gun can only hold 3 rounds of non toxic shot, hours of operation, decoy laws, daily bag limit, possession limit, no transferring of harvested game to anyone else, species requirements, open and closed areas for certain dates which changes the bag limit of each species it’s a headache to comprehend. But farmers can raise them for meat so there is the easy route. I’m really hoping my own gassifier project will open up funds to start a small scale meat farm for my little family. Might even need to make a Kursk to supply charcoal for cooking, I spend plenty to buy it for the cooking I do anyway. Something special about cooking on charcoal or open flame, makes things taste better I think

4 Likes

Yes if you do lots of cooking making charcoal makes a lot of sence, financialy too. I dont sell my charcoal cheap and pound for pound, you almost get some chickhen meat for the price. But on the other side, you can have the best peace of dry aged premium steak and if you roast it on junk charcoal its worthless… And people here realise this.

6 Likes

Kristijan in the video I see a adjustable double flute nozzles down draft simple fire gasifer.
It is so simple to build.
Is this gasifer designed to burn brands and small wood chips. With the main fuel mix being charcoal?
Bob

4 Likes

What Bob said - water or wood mix?
Another question. Do you plan on welding the couplings to enable them to transfer heat from the flutes when you’re done adjusting - or will they hold up anyway?

5 Likes

Bob, thats exactly the plan. Its why l tryed to document the build as good as l can, so anyone can replicate it. I wanted to show people making a downdraft can be a simple build also.

As for fuel, l aim towards it being a flex fuel gasifier. I tested it with moist charcoal the other day, it works great but thats not realy a surprice… The real test will be when l mix wood with dry charcoal.
Definitly it shuldnt have any problems with any brands thugh…

This gasifier is fully adjustible and l guess it can power anything from 500cc up to 2000cc. Also it can be adjusted when different fuel is used.

JO, l dont think much heat will be transferred trugh much thiner air supply pipes so l will leave it be. I will however make some way to lock the position of flutes, now they can rotate freely.

Still uploading the startup video. Its long and upload failed a few times. If nothing else l will try and cut the video. I wuldnt like to make a new one as l tryed to show how l prepare a new gasifier for the first run…

11 Likes

Hi Kristijan, when up loading make sure you do not have any other programs in the back ground operating or on your network shut them all down they slow down your uploading data. Shutting down and start up the computer, phone, tablet, fresh, then try uploading. Leaving all other devices off.
Bob

1 Like

You have about 4 “under the nozzle, + 1” to the grate, which will produce gas?

1 Like

I lost hope. Its been uploading for a hour and only got to 3%. I will try cuting it up. Normaly they upload within minutes…

Jan, l dont quite understand the question… You mean in wich zone is the gas produced?
With charcoal the gasification takes place preety much at the nozzles, so the hearth can be smaller.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/t6ipQf7b5Qo

Finaly! Took forever even for this short cut video. Will be uploading the rest now.

Sorry for the video quality and the fact it may not be cut perfectly… Im never filming like this again

Here l show how l like to prime any new gasifier. Ash will fill every passageway where either gas or heat culd make problems. Dumping it in on the grate like that insures a nice conical structure, once the ash has a few hours on it it will produce a semi solid fluffy hearth lining.

12 Likes

Hey Kristijan, you have 4 views on you tube, but only 2 views on DOW right now. You have some you tube followers too. You should mention to go to DOW. Com to find out more. They can sign in as a free member.
Bob

3 Likes

Ha, didnt notice. Althugh the rest are probably my friends and family

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/dbWapgNliLI

Part two!

12 Likes

https://youtu.be/tIt7RM_BzMc

12 Likes

https://youtu.be/uRf1IhDiFOA

And the flare. This is way overpowered for this flute setting yet still it made good gas.

Just a sidenote, the foggy gas comeing out of the gasifier is not moisture or smoke/tar, its all the fine ash that got dumped trugh the grate.

16 Likes

Thanks Kristijan , i was sat here waiting for the uploads and hey presto they appeared as like magic .
What have i missed here ? you are lighting the flare from the gas out port ? if so are you blowing into the gasifier , it looks like you have another opening on the opposite side of the inner drum , anyway as always great work well done .
Dave

7 Likes