The Big Tour

Got plenty of wood if you come to Vermont. A group tour like those old Wally Byam Airstream odysseys would be neat.

1 Like

Hi Chris, I got the camera, Now trying to make video’s
A tour would be great, I to would have wood for you plus good homemade sausage .
Calvin…

2 Likes

come on down…

1 Like

I just got this image if a new person being added to the tour at each stop… By the time Chris gets home there will be a line of wood burning trucks following him. Lol

1 Like

A new mental image associated with the term “smokey and the bandit”

2 Likes

Looking through old posts…Chris, I’m sure you wouldn’t need my wood after stopping at Wayne’s place, I see we’re both on the map. But if you do I would have plenty to get you down there north of Orlando (not sure exactly who that is there). My wood is more oak than Wayne’s pine…But seriously, dreams like that usually get stored until later date and then you get older and never really find the time to do them. And, well…just don’t wait too long to get it done…

5 Likes

Hi Chris, I was looking at your Big Tour map. There is a big gap Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, N. Dakota, S. Dakota. Are there DOW Members in those states now that have not been added yet?
Bob

Lots of area in them states are very short on wood Bob.
If you make the drive on wood I will give you all the wood you can haul to get you there. Only catch is I’m a hundred miles north of I 94.

2 Likes

Yes, I know what you mean Jim. I drove the 92 Dakota from Chris place in Frankfort, Kentucky to East Wenatchee, Washington state. Four days travelling and long days at that.
The Dakotas, they don’t call it “The Bad Lands” for nothing.
The Motor home doesn’t run on wood, if it did, it would be slow traveling with truck in tow, and lots and lots of wood fueling stops if you could find wood. Dino is the only option for me.
Bob

1 Like

No, it’s pretty empty out that way. I don’t have but one or two folks I even know about in those states.

1 Like

Thanks Chris. I was talking to Michael Gibb about going to Argos 2018, he needs to talk to his Boss about getting that time off in May about two weeks. Have you set up a date for the event yet? Maybe others have to do the same thing too.
Bob