Life goes on - Winter 2014

Don’t forget to vote today republicans, for all you democrates elections are being held tomorrow!!!

Hahaha, good one Herb! I like that.

Hi Herb & Bill … Guess we’ll see how it turns out … At any rate, Bill, I ordered 20 feet of the 3" today … Shipping was almost as much as the pipe … I hope it is flexible enough … Herb, did you get your stem cells yet ??? Mike

Day zero is when I got my cells and today is day 15, I’m feeling better every day, I got released from hospital yesterday, now I’m outpatient, if everything continues to go well they will turn me loose on day 30.

:slight_smile:

Onward and upward, Herb

Great news Herb !!! Stay away from crowded places !!! Don’t accidentally drink out of the wrong glass. That had got me a few times like when I got up to dance with someone and things got moved around … M

Good news Herb! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Hi Chris
Why do some photos get posted on the left and not others?
It usto be that any phot you posted came up on the left ?
Thanks Patrick

Premium area photos don’t show up there anymore. It’s a bug with the photos module, it was letting anyone see all the pictures on-site (!) I haven’t had time to sort it out.

Ok thanks
You must burn some serious midnight oil keeping the DOW site up and running !
Thanks for all the hard work
Patrick

Back to polar vortex season. It appears most of the country will feel this and Minnesota is one of the states taking it for the team with 6-12" of snow and dropping into the 20’s for the week. They are talking about waking up to subzero weather next week. The winter switch will be flipped at around 11 P.M. Tonight. We have been fortunate with this Fall weather.

I knew they weren’t calling for temps above freezing as far out as they are forecasting, but was totally unaware of the winter storm advisory. I would have worked outside today rather than on my drop box. Oh well glad to be making progress again. Several components done. Not all of them will be together forever but will allow me to get driving on wood. I don’t have the ideal vehicle yet but going to use what I have for now.

I spent the weekend cleaning up the garage so the wife can park in there. I got the yard cleaned up and the plow on the 4 wheeler.
I sure would like to see pictures or videos of your build Jim.

Bill I Have to catch up on my dues to post them because it is a overgrown WK system in non a conventional outer housing. heat ex uses some snow blower parts, standard filter, cooler is heavy will be used on either a tractor or stationary chp unit later on. Probably gonna temp install it on my plow truck real soon. Hope to get it on my van or a trailer before Argos .It is kinda heavy so I may not want it hanging on the back of the van. Ultimately it will end up in a hd pu I have. Still want to do a Dakota by the book. I am a woodgas addict!

We had a busy season this year at the saw shop. We’ve only had two frosts this fall and the grass is still growing which is good for the horses.We took a weeks vacation in Aug and fenced in another area of our property and turned the trees we cut into fuel for the woodgas truck.
Because of the 6 day weeks at the shop I’ve had less time for the truck but even so managed 700 miles since mid June and have taken a lot of folks for their first ride in a wood powered truck.
The local Lions Club brought me a couple pickup loads of cut of Douglas Fir 6x6 timber cutoffs from a local mill to burn in the truck and we cut our test logs at the saw shop into 2" rounds to be chunked at home.
We attended a few farm shows and Steam Thresher shows again this year and have included more diagrams and pics of woodgas vehicles and it seems to have stirred up an bit of interest and hopefully there will be a few more woodgas systems in our area soon.

A few years ago at the Argos meet up a father and son had a trail bike with a weed eater attached to it I was wondering if anyone can remember their name or the web site ?I was going to use it for a science project for school.
Thanks for any help you can give seems like the old mind ain’t what it was.
Dan Moore

Machines begging for a taste of wood gas.

To all our veterans a very sincerer THANK YOU from the Keith family !

Thank You Very Much!

Ron Holmack