Life goes on - Winter 2015

I think a different type of filter all together would be a good way to go. There are a few different types I have in mind. Ill share once I finish my new one :stuck_out_tongue: Nothing wrong with the hay filter at all, and I dont really think soot is a problem. If you live in the south like Wayne, the hay filter I think is the best there is. The north, however different story.

2 Likes

Thats a good possibility,good luck.Maybe a portable hay filter for winter time would solve the freeeeezing .

Good after noon Joseth,have you had any trouble with draining the water tanks yet this winter,Thanks

nope, because i only drain it on days that I know its not freezing and/or I just ran it. Truck stays in my barn as well, so it does not get as cold.

1 Like

At first, I didn’t know they were Finnish… Then I saw a loaf of braided pulla (damned, I miss that stuff) in one of their videos and looked them up. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

there is a whole thread about cold weather condensate draining. Also other cold climate concerns.
http://forum.driveonwood.com/t/building-a-wk-gasifier-for-harsh-winters/421?u=handy_andy

1 Like

Good morning all.

This is the coldest morning of the year this far. 18 F hear in the south USA . Just too cold for me to do much out side except feed cattle later in the day and hoping temps will warm a little.

I need to do some running around and good time to do it so not to be out in the cold.

The little 95 dakota truck and gasifier started up in this cold quicker than ever . By the time I lite the gasifier and got back in the cab ( plus a min or two ) it was running sweet.

OK, I am out the door and SWEM

-**************************************************-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About an hour later and a quick 40 mile trip .

The truck fits in with the public and seems to get no attention even in front of the sheriff office .

12 Likes

Brian brought it up, so here is my favorite It looks like it was recorded in the same place. Food for thought at Argo. Will Ron’s International keep a beat like that old Volvo? TomC

7 Likes

Have had temperatures between -30 C and -15 C ( -22 F to +5 F) for several weeks now. Only half a foot of snow. Not much of insulation to showel towards the house foundation.
Burning in avarage 100 kg (200+ pounds) of wood a day to keep the cold out.
It seems Bill`s solution - a smaller house - would be appropriate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tom, that`s actually only 50 miles from my place here in Sweden.

1 Like

Its been around zero plus wind sheild about two weeks around here,i go through about two too three wheel barrow loads of wood a day,depending on wind temps, this old 1975 12/56’ house trailer can be drafty,It is cold this morning afternoon.My hands were freezing just walking out back too empty my cooled down 5 gallon ash can intoo and old frig,too sift out the charco in summer time.got about 150 gallon charco last year.The white ash makes good traction for icy spots around yard or driveway.

3 Likes

Wayne
Were you paying for another speeding ticket? Sorry just had to ask

2 Likes

Hello Mr. Tom.

I must admit keeping the little dakota below the speed limit can be a chore but in this case I was getting the title for the new dakota that followed me home last week put in my name . :grin:

6 Likes

Looks like we’re fixing to get hit.

“Some Central and Eastern Kentucky counties could see as much as 18 inches of snow from a winter storm that is expected to wallop the region Friday.”

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/counties/fayette-county/article55786615.html

(Go ahead and smirk you northern folks…)

7 Likes

Lol… smirk… we’re not like that at all…

Hope the weather stays good… I’m going for a drive to Vancouver BC on monday

4 Likes

If that much snow hits the ground around here, I shovel around the house a little and then head for Mission Ridge Ski / Snowboard Resort and go riding. 13" of snow to ride on today. It was sweet.
Bob

5 Likes

news reports were 4 feet below average this year ye fricken ha . every one else can have it :grinning:

2 Likes

Max @gasman are you online?

Yes Sir!
-20,2 Celsius outside. Clear sky, moonshine.

Max

2 Likes

Your Skype is turned off. Give me a call when you get some time.

1 Like