The "What followed me home" thread

I thought the same thing until I got a blast grinding into a corner. The second shower of sparkes went everywhere.

3 Likes

They make special metal working goggles, almost like swim goggles. Those are the best, and maybe a face shield over that. I would rather see through dust and scratches for a while than never see again.

Same philosophy as with work gloves. I used to work with a fellow who swore that gloves were the worst thing. He’s always eating with dirty hands, and usually a cut or two. I can tie boot laces with gloves on, apply stickers to products, hands are clean and uncut…

3 Likes

I always cringe when I see people running power tools without safety glasses - I am with Garry - I would rather have slightly blurred vision while working than for the rest of my life. I always wear my respirator, too. I cant stand the smell of running the angle grinder anymore, I have gotten too used to clean air :grinning:

As for protective pants, @KristijanL, how about ones that are made out of lead? They will be too heavy for you climb into the trees you are trying to cut down. :grinning:

4 Likes

Harbor freight has clear, yellow, and smoke safety wrap around glasses for $1.29.

3 Likes

They have a point. Humans have two eyes, so chances are that only one eye will be lost. That will leave them with one good eye. One problem is that the damaged eye might not be totally gone. This damaged eye will still send signals to the brain, assuming a functional brain. Thus interfering with the one good eye. The solution is to wear a patch over the bad eye until the last remaining eye is damaged. Can you see the logic?

I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Haha,
Jeff, I had to laugh at that logic of yours :smile:
Personally I use those safety glasses which are half reading glasses. Easy to remember because I no longer see much without them. They are inexpensive and even free of charge at work.
A scratch on your body will heal. Eyes - not so much.
Also, my Marty Feldman eyes are more exposed than avarage :smile:

6 Likes

I sold all my pelletpresses last weekend. End of a period, learned a lot, had fun. Let’s hope we will be having fun with this MPV. An Agria, working great, real strong and just a little bigger then the Kubota. It might even lift one ton. For now it is for lifting IBC with firewood. No problem. And we have a vehicle to take us to the water, less then half a mile. And my seat in the van stays dry now, nice, if you have to drive an hour the next day.

7 Likes

any guesses what I’m up to?

7 Likes

Chunker fo sho. Btw Ihave two semi tractor axles given to me by henry austin. I will probably never use. If somebody wants them, I am only 90 miles from argos.

5 Likes

This one showed up 10 minutes from home, otherwise I would have took you up on that. That would be a good score for someone!

2 Likes

That looks to be about the same tractor as my pasquali. You will find if very useful and easy to get in tight places.

1 Like

Could be. It has a Lombardini 2 cyl diesel inside. Agria is from Germany? This ones were made in Spain?
And very useful it is. I have to get used to the swinging front. If you turn the steer in swings both on the front and back. And the weels are close to each other and like to eat some feet and toes.

2 Likes

Yup you have the same motor as my pasquali. If you want to see the inside of your tractor look over the thread in here I posted on restoring my pasquali 988. Those motors are still made today by Kohler. I figured that out when I bought new injectors for mine.

3 Likes

Yes, I did already. Great job! Didnt think they were the same. Or how beatiful mine can get😃. Really nice work!

1 Like

Look what I found on Craigslist.

And a little wire up on gasification.

This could be following some one home. It is even a WK Gasifier. Does anyone know the person who built it.
Bob

7 Likes

I think he’s selling himself short on 4500 dollars! I paid almost 11k for my 2011 Sierra with 86K miles. He could easily get 5 or 7 thou especially with the reactor and those low of miles.

3 Likes

I’d say that’s a screaming deal if for just the wk build that’s on it! The fabrication time. . .local rate of 120$/hr for a welding shop, 250+ hours of fab…

2 Likes

That looks like an old ad back in 2020. Nice rig!

2 Likes

Finally got my hands on a hot water heater tank. Bottom is pretty corroded but isn’t falling apart at the core. Old Rheem 40 gallon unit. What’s the best way to take these apart? I took all the screws out but it seems glued together by the insulation.

1 Like

I run down thru the outer skin with a cutoff wheel on a grinder then start peeling the insulation and skin with an ice scraper after taking off the top and bottom caps.

Cody I don’t know what the climate is in Kings Mountain NC. But my Sister lived for a time in Hickory so In Nebraska talk an ice scraper is any metal object attached to a long handle be it wood, pipe,or anything Ridgid with a sharpened edge used to remove ice from driveways. Most people in Hickory think it’s a piece of plastic used to remove frost from a windshield once a year. I’m talking a straighten out hoe here. :grimacing:

6 Likes