Wayne's International 444 farm tractor project

Yuppers it’s working now… Sure like how that tractor is running it!
Thanks again!
TerryL

1 Like

Hey Bill and Terry , Thanks much for the nice comment.

Bill ,

" Did I notice a hole in the line for air and a valve near the tractor? "

The hole in the line lets in close to the amount of mixing air the tractor will need. The valve is for fine adjustment.

" Also, when you disconnected the gas hose from your truck, Is it important to seal the truck up right away as to not get oxygen creeping into the system while the hearth is still hot? "

As long as the gasifier is warm there will be a light positive pressure through the system . When the gasifier cools of enough that the air flow might seep back in the gasifier there will be no fire. Each time I shut down I try to remember to close the intake air but often I forget . I do try to remember venting the hopper before sticking the lighting torch in at next light up. .

1 Like

As this farm my be pasted down through posterity and the year of our Lord 2014 may be last date these pastures were maintained with none renewable fuel sources.

Just need time to build the gasifier .

BBB

1 Like

you on Sir!

Yes, if we only had more time…

Or a cloned “brother”.

1 Like

You haven’t finished the first revolution in motoring and there you go with the next.

1 Like

Hey Doug ,

You should have seen the eyes roll and the ears perk up on my old plow horse when he heard me mention farming without diesel or gasoline !!

1 Like

Well Wayne, my lunch time co workers were teasing me about being the only woodgas vehicle possible in this state. I said not really, if you count that green Geo Tracker 5 miles away on YouTube, there’s always someone silently building one…

1 Like

:slight_smile:

1 Like

A few years back this garden spot was so sorry it wouldn’t grow a weed .

I added rotten saw dust from my mill , fed the cattle hay in the spot in winter until it gets too muddy for the tractor . I also dump the ash from the trucks in the garden spot.

Picture below shows daily picking of just the peas .

I love those black eyed and whip-poor -will peas

In the years past I have plowed the garden with renewable sources ( horse ) but am looking forward to doing it with more modern applications of renewable fuels .

BBB

2 Likes

calling bio-char: “Truck manure”

1 Like

Now there’s coffee splatter all over my monitor! I got a good chuckle out of that one!

1 Like

I have always been able to drive any of my wood burners through the Walmart parking lot without being noticed . I think that is about to change !!

Can’t wait to see this one flare late evening or night .

HWWF ( have wood will farm )

PS still have a lot of work to do , motor exhaust heat exchager , condensate tanks , and filter .

2 Likes

Like those dual chrome stacks, are you going to flair out of those? I like the whole project!

1 Like

Hello Herb,

Thanks for the comment ,

I could flare from those stacks but hardly ever flare . I stuck those stacks up there just to take a pic and see what it would look like :wink: A low hanging limb would probable wipe them out .

1 Like

Did you post somewhere about the ammo box on top that I missed? Hopper fill lid? angled for condensate runoff? Need springs yet?

1 Like

I have always been able to drive any of my wood burners through the Walmart parking lot without being noticed . I think that is about to change !!

Thanks Wayne I needed a good laugh!

1 Like

yes wayne that one will definatley stand out but I like it I put a vote in for the stacks you can always take them off if you find your self farming in the wood anyway ha. well I should go clean off the truck manure thanks carl.

1 Like

Thanks guys

Don I will get you some detailed pictures first thing in the morning .

Just shut the dakota down . Put a quick hundred on it .

HWWT

1 Like

Hey Chris,

I guess you can add another tractor to the completed list . I still have a few minor thing to do to it but I have been the last 2-3 hours bush hogging . Running great so far .

Videos to come , computer very slow .

BBB

1 Like

Man you are fast… I guess ya have had some practice!
Lookin forward to the video :slight_smile:
TerryL

1 Like