Wood supply

JO I just went all the way back to the first post in “JO 8 Inch woodgas build” and didn’t fine any picture of your rebac. I know you built it before the truck but did you post pictures?? TomC

2 Likes

Hi Tom,
It’s in the wood chunker category: JO’s Rebak chunker.

4 Likes

Thank you JO; I found it. I have admitted that my memory is failing me and this is a typical example. I had no recollection of the pictures or videos of your rebac. And yet there were posting there that I had made.

When you were talking about using a bicycle chain/gears, I thought you meant the two gears that run the actual chunking shafts. You were lucking to find two gears that had a good centerline distance for what you needed. I was thinking of using a chain drive where you have the gears. ( easier to com by ) but you are the second or third person that I know that has used chains and the chunking stress seems like it is harder on chains than gears. I believe I said it before but you did a great job on the rebac chunkier TomC

5 Likes

Fired up my new chunker today! Not as fast as JOs rebak but it gets the job done :slight_smile:

still lots of wood to chunk

todays progress

12 Likes

that does a nice job I like it .

3 Likes

You have too much fun, Kristijan! I’m starting to wonder if you also have Wayne’s sleeping habits.
You have a full time job, you’re a part time farmer and you have small children. Still you produce gasifiers and equipment quicker than most of us. How is this possible?
Now that you’ve got a hang of video making we might even be able to get to see another driving video? Last one was on charcoal. We haven’t seen a wood powered one yet.

4 Likes

Jan, I think the saying is, @KristijanL " He Burns The Candle At Both Ends". The meaning of the saying is. He is working all the the time day and night.
Bob

4 Likes

Bob, I tried to come up with a simular saying in our language, but I failed. Might tell about our nature.
I remember my grandfather told me about long, cold and dark winters when he was a child. When no farming was possible and too cold and dark to do any logging the whole family stayed in the warm bed until noon. They saved both breakfast and firewood for heating.

3 Likes

I like the open V feed design as it allows cutting on an angle which makes for an easier cut
What was the disc material and thickness?

3 Likes

That looks great!. Cut it, dry it, burn it, repeat! SWEM!!

3 Likes

Thanks guys.
Well lm not sure what kind of sleeping habbits Wayne has, l have Napoleons habbits when working night shifts, agenst my will :wink:
JO, lm wayting to be 99% finished with the car to make a video(l guess that 1% never gets achived on while DOW), the chunker was a priority. Since we drive for free we make a lot of miles, sometimes just for the fun of it!
Michael, that was exactly the idea! Althugh, l found thet the beechwood it so brittle when green, specialy this time of year, that its beter to cut at 90* angle, it just snaps clean without much problems. Tractor in idle barely knows it has something to do. Havent tryed other woods yet.
The blade is DonM inspired, circular saw blade. Made it a bit smaller for better torq. Max cutting diameter is 2", wich is just what l need. She saw thicknes was a concern, its only about 2mm but so far so good.

3 Likes

Kristijan, do you work 12 hour shifts? That cutter really cuts the limbs nice. Good job on the build.
Bob

2 Likes

Sometimes, l usualy work 8 hours, 4 shifts. The 12 hour shifts (called Russian turnus here) are murderous…

2 Likes

Yup 12 hour shifts are tuff on the body, I worked them a lot. 4 on and 5 off then 3 on and then 4 off. I liked the off time the best. But it seemed we were always being called in on over time on our days off.
Bob

2 Likes

Ha I know what you mean. I am the youngest person at the workplace, so l get those calls a lot. Sometimes there comes a week when l just come home to sleep for a few hours and go back. But l have a few days off thain witch is a good thing.

3 Likes

I like that statement. And I agree.
Off time also beeing work - around home - but still a lot more fun.
I envy people who have the courage to step off the race and do their own thing. I’ve been asking my employer for years to be able to work part time. I guess it will never happen. Last weeks have been horrible, only 2 off out of 17. Also government is about to push the retirement age upwards to 69. You know the picture of the mule with the carrot on a stick in front.

3 Likes

I have heared Sweden is prepareing a new 6 hour shift sceduale is that true?

2 Likes

That’s just talk. Small group’s talk. Will never happen.
Our employer reasently somehow made us put in 10% more hours a year, without pay. Instead our mounthly salery went down 10%. Bad math says 20% down per hour of work.
Our industri is competing with low cost parts of the world and have no choice or they will have to shut down I guess.

This discussion is getting close to politics. We had better go to private messages or Chris might throw us out :smile:

5 Likes

Yes years ago I punched a clock and answered to the boss. Now I am retired and my boss is my wife. It is a 24/ 7 job!!! Opps got to go. We have a fence to paint. TomC

6 Likes

It is a beautiful day here in Wenatchee, 70*f , spent the late morning and early afternoon making… you guessed it. More wood supply for that Wood Hog of a Truck I own. Lol. You know when you got this wood gasification addiction bad, if you are out cutting wood with the chainsaw and splitting the wood by hand with a shake spitting hatchet, and loving it. Most of it is a sit down job. The one thing about it is that, I am getting in better shape every day I do this. I have a great view from my office chair too. Working for My self and my Sweet Heart Dana if she needs something done more important than this. Lol
Here are some pictures from my office, and the view. My desk is a little small, need to cut a new cherry tree stump and replace it.

Keep on Gasifiing. Got Wood Will Travel.
Bob

9 Likes