Hello from Sweden

Hello guys,
I really know how many people like to ride on firewood in the countries of the former USSR and I dare say that for Ukraine this percentage is 1:5000000, for Russia 1:30000000, for Belarus 1:4000000.:thinking:
In other words, almost everyone here knows about it, heard about it, but no one wants to do it. It is still fashionable to ride a “dino” here, if you ride on wood, then everyone laughs at you.:joy:

10 Likes

Haha, I had no idea. I wonder how much they get to sell :smile:

Haha! Yes, smiles are common but I get the feeling it’s starting to change. With fuel prices sky-rocketing more people are getting seriously interested.

7 Likes

I have feel that too, many thinks its a great statement against the ones that sets the prices for fuel. Somebody told me, THIS IS THE BEST IV’E SEEN IN A LONG TIME, I only wish i had the energy to build and drive one too. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

in my country, the price of fuel has been constant for about 10 years ($ 1 / 1 liter) and I do not observe any change in interest in driving on firewood.

6 Likes

That’s about in the middle of what we have now, depending on your region. A lot of it is road tax and I think the price in most of Europe is also super high tax rather than actual cost to process gasoline. Of course there is always the corporate gouge.
Current price for crude is about 85 US dollars a barrel. Many speculate it will hit $100 in the near future and some believe much higher. That will be good for Matt.

5 Likes

About 60% in total here. Energy-, CO2- and 25% sales tax on top of everything.
Taking into account that you buy your gasoline with already taxed money, the actual gasoline is close to free :smile:

7 Likes

Oh ya, man is to wait for the woman and be there when she is ready. Not the other way around for a bliss and happy relationship. Lol we men still need a little reminding in this area. WOW your wife really knows how to get your attention with the Dino statement.
In a couple videos I saw old signs on wood gas building that said wood for sale. I just figured they were from the days passed now. It is amazing how many people in the countries over there that are still into wood gasification from the WWII years and have passed it along to their sons now.
Bob

5 Likes

I got one, unused from Swedish military, saving it as a “museum-piece”

In short it says: carcoal, made in charcoal owen,
75% birch, 25% pine/spruce, coarse assortment.

1987 on the sack i first thought was year made, but it’s some kind of serial number.
In times where there was no fuel shortenings,
the army used this in buckets placed under engines, to heat them up in really cold winter weather. A multi-usable fuel :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Until there is a fuel shortage or the fuel prices double. Then being fashionable becomes more difficult. But you have yourself covered and that is good. Let them laugh and You just do the SWEM back at them all.
Bob

8 Likes

I’m a little surprised at Wisconsin’s gas tax. My Town wants to raise my property tax because the Town is charged with the up-keep on “Town Roads” and the amount that the State gives us out of the “gas tax” to do that is not enough with inflation. So of course before I vote to raise my taxes I wanted to know what was going on with gas being $3.15./gal. According to the internet, the tax on gas here is $0.30.9. The county gets much of their tax from a “sales tax” and by constitution, “sales tax” can not be charged on gasoline. So the State has to share that $0.30.9 with the County and Towns. I guess I can’t complain. TomC ( but anyone that knows me knows I’m going to complain about any tax increases)

10 Likes

Total gasoline tax in Michigan is 61.7 pennies per gallon but 17 cents of that is sales tax so that would change up or down with the fuel price.

Bjork. The weird girl singer from Iceland is really named Spruce. I’ll try and fit that into a conversation some time if I ever talk to someone besides my wife and dogs.

6 Likes

TomC, I’m not sure I quite follow. Is that question for me? :smile:
All I know is gas is hovering between $8 and $9/gal here and I love my golden chunks :smile:
With both diesel and firtilizer sky-rocketing I feel sorry for farmers though. Reports all over about farmers who are giving up growing things this coming season :thinking:

8 Likes

JO; No question there. I agree, the farmers are in for some bad times. Ours are using less fertilizer which will mean less production, which will result in less annual income at a time when prices are going up. My fear is the banks will end up with farms with 800 to 1200 cows because our farmers have financed all the new big pricey equipment. They can sell the cows for hamburger which might make the beef prices go down. But getting their money back by selling the new milking parlors and land will bankrupt the banks. I have no faith in the Federal Reserve to save the day. TomC ( Oh heck! I just fell off my soap box and sprained my ankle) :dizzy_face:

12 Likes

Not going to lie Tom, I thoroughly enjoy your soap box moments :+1:

7 Likes

This is all going as plan for the ‘‘the great reset’’ look it up.

11 Likes

Very aware and up to date on it, the woodgas is my first step in true freedom from those who seek to call themselves my masters

10 Likes

Since my interest in gasification has come to life again, i searched around and found some of my old litterature, maybe someone apreciate some pic’s?
Thinking about getting a scanner in the future if theres interest, sorry it’s mostly in Swedish :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Armys short explanation of diesel trucks powered on wood.

Early war-time publication, I guess most knows the meaning of the word “gengas” :wink:

From the Gengas-book, interesting multi-fuel gasifier, able to burn wood or charcoal, with only minor changes, system Stedt.

Parts catalogue, spare parts for gasifiers, it’s a shame one cant buy from them anymore :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

16 Likes

I wish I could mail my photo scanner to you but I think overseas shipping would cost as much as an inexpensive new one.

4 Likes

I had a job interview when I was 19, there were several candidates, we interviewed individually with the boss and the foreman, they said they would let us know who was chosen by post,… a few days later, I got a letter telling me to come to work. I started work and time went by , after about a month I asked the foreman why I was chosen and he said because I had black dirt behind my fingernails , according to that , you Goran would have been chosen straight away. :grinning:

14 Likes

My coworkers tell me, after 4 weeks vacation it is the only time they have totally clean nails, I have never noticed any change :thinking: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes