Hello from Sweden

Thank you Goran, People like you are how a lot of us got started back on a “Yahoo woodgas” forum. Some folks like you from Europe would post old printed information to us. Then they would give us a translation on what was written. Finally more and more information became available in English (I guess some of the people over here, got tricky with Google Translate also) So I am asking you to translate the “Parts” of that dual gasifier. I can’t find the gas exit. And “YES” from me on posting this info to us. TomC

14 Likes

If not, have JO translate it. His english is better than mine anyway.

10 Likes

Far from it TomH, but I’ll give it a try. I hope Göran doesn’t mind.
It will be translated into Alabama terminologi, which is all I know when it comes to gasifiers.

1 Hopper
1a Filler lid
2 Main air inlet
2a Main air inlet valve
2b Nozzle
3 Firetube
4 Gasifier housing
5 Gas outlet
6 Dropbox
6a Dropbox cleanout door
7 Cooler inlet
8 Cooler rails
9 Fine filter inlet
10 Fine filter vessel
11 Bag filter insert
12 Gas outlet to motor compartment

8 Likes

Your welcome JO, im sorry i didn’t had the time to translate, I actually fell asleep yesterday when i started translating, both bosses at work home with covid, it should be easy workdays- it’s not! both doing work, talk to customers and answer the phone :exploding_head:

9 Likes

I hear you work in a typical organisation. Two bosses on every worker and you still have to do their work :smile:

11 Likes

Couldnt agree more, actually only 3 at the shop, 2 bosses and 1 employee (me) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

12 Likes

Ha! Ha! American English lesson.
Me, Myself, and I. (my wife’s nursing school.) Sole Proprietorship Ownership really is an MMI.
S.U.

6 Likes

Found some more pic’s,
Farmall M with Imbert type wood gasifier.

More is coming, with some translated texts too,
this text says nothing about this particular tractor, just some about general tractor testing, done by SMP, (Swedish federal machine testing?)

14 Likes

What does SMP spell out in Swedish? I’m sure it means the same as you said though.

1 Like

Svensk maskinprovning

Cody, as you probably noticed we don’t separate words that belong together. It often makes me wonder if I should write “fire tube” or “firetube” :smile:
Of course long words can sometimes become a little hard to read. For example realisationsvinstbeskattning, means capital gain taxation.
Finns are even worse though :smile:
Hm…got carried away off topic again…

12 Likes

Maskinprovning makes sense
I would transliterate that as machine proving. We have a similar usage of proving aka the “proving grounds”
Edit: I usually cram words together, especially firetube.

While we are on a linguistic tangent are there terms in Swedish for “thingamajig” or “doohickey”. Terms for an object you don’t have or can’t remember the name of?

8 Likes

Yes, there are. One that comes to mind is “mackapär”. A piece of equipment or machinery you don’t know how it works or what it’s for.

6 Likes

I’m sure with all the fancy words us English come up with for gasifiers it’d be like watching this video.

https://youtu.be/Ac7G7xOG2Ag

If you’re unfamiliar with it the Turbo Encabulator was one of the first publicated forms of engineering jokes. Totally made up terms using fake technical jargon.

7 Likes

Hey that sounds like you are taking my last name in a bad way.
Bob

9 Likes

I am sorry Bob, you will have to do some family research to figure that one out.

10 Likes

Sounds like ghetto for hitting on two women. I don’t know why my brain always goes there. A flaw in my character, no doubt.

5 Likes

8 Likes

I was outside, in the rain, took some pic’s of some of my war-time gasifiers thought maybe someone find it interesting?

Cooler and filter housing from a tractor.

IBA-Jva gasifier, this should have some interesting features, should disassemble it for check up.

Imbert copy, with aftermounted condensate collector. This one i going to modify and mount on a tractor.

Imbert import.

Ford-Bolinder, from Fordson tractor

16 Likes

Lot of good stuff Goran. I’d like to play in your yard. But what I want to know is how it;s raining in Sweden. We have been single digits F for much of this month And below 20 F for the rest of it. Friends in southern Indiana reported one below F this morning.

6 Likes

Thanks Tom.
Here in my part of Sweden it has been freezing and snow one day and rain and windy the other,
No fun weather, better cold til spring finally arrives :confused:

7 Likes