Properties of a good wood gasifier

I think your money is safe. I was thinking “oh that would be funny to do that”, and the vehicle I am planning on converting is an old racing lawn tractor that I never had full throttle in the backyard because I would have lost a kidney because of all the bouncing at like what seemed like 50mph (it was probably closer to 15-20).

Is a race something that should be done on like the indiana ‘salt flats’ like the Argos midway? (provided that doesn’t violate some of the fairgrounds policies.)

1 Like

To handle cut cone properties, try this when you draw: Conical Frustum Calculator

2 Likes

Hi Jan!
The correct title is: Monorator from Finland
Max

Max, I search and it did not show up under the title. I founded Chris S. WK Plank build gasifer. But not yours.
I have been thinking on how to incorporate the plank into my hopper/monitor build
Bob
P.S. you can answer on my Rebuilding 2012 WK Firetube thread.

1 Like

Hi, Bob!
Still, you missed it! It still is my plank! Chris and I have discussed it, and this is a proposed version suitable for his proportions of a new gasifier with 2 built-in cyclones. Therefore the horizontal flow direction was chosen. It has not yet been presented, but we hope that it will happen soon…
Max

1 Like

Hi, Jan!
The correct titel is: MONORATOR !

Max

1 Like

Hi, Jan!
The titel is: MONORATOR from Finland!
Max

if it is pointed they will be fairies, if it is flat it will be a shovel

10 Likes

top plate spaced 6mm apart to allow steam to enter the water-cooled condensing zone

inner cylinder, condensation zone above

lower opening for inserting the disassembly firebox

another outer cylinder

another sketch

10 Likes

Tone, I think some explainations are needed.
Charcoal - wood? Stationary - mobile? Do nozzles sit in a ring - or are those kind of a double flutes?
What will this gasifier feed?

5 Likes

Hi Jan, … this is supposed to once be a gas generator on wood for cogeneration, air entry will be down through a hollow air-cooled grille, and rise up through a double-walled ring that will form a reduction zone. There will be nozzles at the top, and a removable limit at the bottom, and everything should be disassembled, and it should be pushed through the upper loading door.

8 Likes

the weather is colder and I have time for such work, so the fireplace is slowly forming

13 Likes

octopus welded to the hearth and passed a pressure test at 5 bar, a ring for the bed, … maybe it reminds me of a torch for the Statue of Liberty

11 Likes

SpaceX rocket engine.

That is one interesting design. Just when you thought everything has been tested, Tone start working on this design.

Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

another spiral to thicken the lattice

10 Likes

That is looking awesome

4 Likes

Interesting design for sure.

5 Likes

welding sleeve with seal for passage through the bottom

9 Likes

Haha, that was the thing I was wondering about! Like your lpg carburettor, why take the easy road. It will work, for sure.

3 Likes

hello Joep, thanks for the encouraging words, I hope you are right about the operation, otherwise there will be laughter. I am trying to build a system with the most concentrated heat in the heart and minimal heat loss, right at the exit there should be a water-cooled cyclone with a filter in the middle … all the waste heat should be for heating the house

5 Likes