Tractor with gas?

No, I have one similar to you but 220volts, I bought the wrong one when I bought the first fan, I thought they were only in 12volts.

6 Likes

That has the right adjustments now to fine tune the gasifer, good job.
Bob

6 Likes

Jan, I would try it with the lid you have, because it is hard to seal the lid with positive pressures but a vaccum helps seal the lid down tight. My lid leaks too when using the pusher blower. But on a vaccum blower it is sealed up good.
This unit is making some nice engine quality gases.
Bob

7 Likes

This is a lid for a central vacuum cleaner that I used on my first attempt 25 years ago, it did not work so well then either.
I have made a new cover for the S10 that works quite well, but I have made it flat, which is not good for the condensation, I got tips from JO and Don for it, so I will probably do the same.

7 Likes

Jan, now I’m going to use your words, how do you do all this? You overtook me in the construction of the gasifier, I have to congratulate you for taking the lead in equipping the tractor with wood, 
 but the race is not over yet, I will fight to the end
:grinning::fire::checkered_flag:

12 Likes

I think you are ahead in any case, you have made the tractor work well on gas, I am still unsure if it works on my tractor, there is no in line pump on this, I also have the filter left to do, when I can buy fiberglass cloth.

8 Likes

Jan, don’t be shy, you have the lead, I cheated in the race when I was towing a trailer from cogeneration, good thing I wasn’t disqualified.
:grin:

8 Likes

Great work Jan.
Looking forward to see your tractor running. :slightly_smiling_face:
And it inspires me in my woodgas tractor project too

7 Likes

You didn’t cheat Tone. You just altered the perception of winning and losing as explained around 30 seconds.

https://youtu.be/j08kI7-T7Vo.

6 Likes

curchill has said-not trust the statistic you have not falsified by yourself :wink:
have you ever heard from antoine gillier, a french farmer with organic production?
he has modyfied his tractors - big size - with a system where a water vessel is around the exhaust pipe, the water evaporates , and this vapor -hydrogen goes in the motor

before the tractor consumes 21 liters diesel/hour, after only 5 liters

look in google immagines - antoine gillier -spad . there you can find somewhere how it is built
the company but produces not more, was stopped by the multis
he has also modyfied a full harvester and a excavator

• if you are afraid of wearing out your engine

ciao giorgio

2 Likes

GiorgioP,
It is difficult to understand if you are joking?
Or serious believing this water vapor engine fuel energy?
If you seriously believe this you will have to put up connectable links for others to see.

I did search up “Antoine Gillier water gas”
I found FOUR different Antonine Gillier’s who are currnetly exchanging on Linkedin.
I found FIVE historic Antoine Gillier’s historic from the 1700’s → 1900’s.

And I found this:
https://www.iedu.com/Solar/Engines/Hydrodyne/AntoineEq.html
Interesting. The explanation for the beak dipping glass bird.
Is this your Antoine?

When i was 15 years old through a fellow Chruch member I got a summer job in his small engines repairs shop. I did learn many things from Ray P. Cosner. How to quickly diagnosis out small engine problems. How to tune up small engines quickly for $3.00 pay each. How to major rebuild a small engine for $5.00 pay each. These were 1967 US dollars.
And I learned one more important thing . . . Belief Energy abounds.
Ray P. had an old English Hillman car with an agricultural slow speed multiblade wind mill mounted to the front. It drove the four speed English manual transmission through a big cast iron offset shaft gear box.
Me to Ray, “Hey Ray what’s up with the car?”
“You can feel the wind past a moving car, right?”
“Yes?”
“Well that is my wind driven car.”
" So you must wait for a big wind to get it to move?"
“Oh no. Moving creates the wind. Then the car self powers.”
“Ray, that will not work.” Said I, the 15 year old boy. “You cannot get more out of any system then what it has.” ( I had not yet learned Entropy. I did know a ball bounced looses a little bit on each bounce)
“Kid. You are the one who is wrong. I just need to work out getting it started moving. Not always be a steep hill around for the starting up.”

I could not then understand if he was joking with me. Or serious believed this.
To this day I still do not know.
My lesson learned was to distance myself from believer-folks. Folks who believe just by believing they, will put energy and sucess into an endeavor.
They are dangerous to themselves. No need for me to get dragged in with them.
And yes I have sidewalk stepped right over a found $20 bill. I saw the string.
Years later I saw laying on a sidewalk another $20 bill. Huh. No string. I did a slow 360 looking for the jokester. None. Picked it up and spent it on lunches for the next three days.
Steve Unruh

6 Likes

Its very much like an Ursus, and thats also a liscenced copy of a MF,

4 Likes

http://quanthomme.free.fr/qhsuite/GillierPantoneDe2004a2010/GillierAntoine.htm
hello steve, i make only jokes what are obviously jokes, the 1 april is gone

i am only to lazy and inkompetent - i am a old man and not grown up with computers in the mother milk- for to make the link here inside. it must make my son
but i should learn

for me the link seems very interesting, i thought some years ago for my tractor, but the tractor with 60 hp and a weight of 4,5 tons is too heavy for our use
and i need always, when also less, some diesel what i must bring with the horsecart from the far away dino station
i prefer pure charcoal gas, so i am more independent
ciao giorgio - maybee in short time we find no diesel more somewhere

5 Likes

Giorgio, definitely an interesting technology, but it’s hard to convince me of something I can’t explain to the last detail. Let’s say that the waste energy of the exhaust gases heats the water to boiling point and then heats this steam on the exhaust manifold to a fairly high temperature (500 ° C). This superheated steam is mixed with air and led to the engine where it is compressed to high pressure, at this point diesel fuel is injected, which burns and so the temperature and pressure rises greatly. What is going on with steam at the moment? There is a possibility that H2O molecules break down, which consumes part of the energy of diesel fuel, but this energy is recovered a moment later when the oxidation of free hydrogen takes place. There is a possibility that in the upper dead position of the piston, the temperature decreases slightly and this saved energy is released a little later. The EGR system works similarly, but both systems do not bring as much savings, maybe 5%, 

http://quanthomme.free.fr/qhsuite/GillierPantoneDe2004a2010/GillierAntoine.htm
:thinking:

4 Likes

Giorgio, if you are lazy, how would you mark the rest of us, 
 "it is written, blessed are the meek and lowly, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven, 
 and 
 he raised his strong hand and scattered all who have inflated thoughts "

3 Likes

Thank your son for us, GiorgioP.
A good solid link that translates well.
I am still reading and digesting.

Michael David is the author of the link that I put up.
I am unfamiliar with Pantone. I will read/learn more.

One reference to the GEET system and man in the opening pages.
I cannot understand if Gillier-Pantone are condoning him. Or distancing themselves from him. He is/was not a fraud. But his system could not deliver under varying engine loads, operating under seasonal weather conditions. Lean-burn; and vapor systems all have this problem. Steady state, under ideal conditions, O.K.
But, useable, practical? No. Safe? No.
And those vaporizing gasoline as a fuel fraction are explosive, flash burning dangerous.
One Gillier-Pantone developer shows vaporizing a mix of 25% gasoline-75% water.

Wicked dangerous. Gasoline vaporized has many multiples more explosive energy release than dynamite. Why gasoline jellied - napalm; and vapor distributed gasoline fuel-air bombs were developed to be modern war weapons.

Alway treat gasoline in warm conditions as Lucifers Fuel. The Devils Breath. Always seeking to drag you down to a fiery hell.

Yes. Stay with charcoal gas. Woodgas. Only growing your own energy stocks has a real interest to me.
Regards
Steve Unruh

7 Likes

Link was from Tone Steve. I am currently researching ways to make methanol and as I do I see lots of videos on the side about people claiming the benefits of water as fuel. Haven’t looked at any of them but it seems odd that there would be so many scammers out there still promoting something I heard about long ago. Still, not interested enough to put any time into looking at it. But if you can turn base metals into gold and water into wine then why not engine fuel.

3 Likes

I searched and found Paul Pantone vaporization works previously referred to on the DOW:

Read down to comment #11.
Read Brent Wolf’s experiences trying to work directly with the GEET developer/promoter.

The real problem with all of these free-energy; 100 mpg carburetors; and “suppressed engine-fuels technology” distractions is that they do distract from wood-for-IC engine-power which is real.

So just who is trying to subvert who, eh? Bury woodgas/chargas in the information overload chattering.
Do not send these folks your moneys.
And do not let them rob you of irreplaceable life time.
Steve Unruh

7 Likes

GEET is a big perpetrator of what I like to call “Pay-Wall Liberation”. Oh we have the secret method to get rid of gasoline forever that Big Oil has been suppressing! But you have to pay a nonrefundable 200 dollars before we even let you see some blueprints and our only proof it works is word of mouth anecdotes and grainy videos that never have the whole unit in frame. Trust us it has plasma or something scientific going on in there!

Then when you prove they don’t work, or don’t work as advertised, the shills attack your YouTube channel or social media. Uncle Tony’s Garage has proven this against the Vapor Carburetor people, using their own sold junk- I mean “products”. Did a side by side test with no movie magic and the koolaid drinkers still deny it. He actually got worse fuel economy and less power in his test vehicle. Used a person that didn’t know which was which while driving it for objective results.

GEET, Vapor Carbs, HHO kits that somehow help fuel economy using only 12vdc as the power source(by the way the oxygen molecules bound in the hydrogen throws off the O2 sensor and confuses the PCM into thinking you’re lean and adds fuel trim wasting gas).

That’s why I like Woodgas, and particularly this forum. Sure you CAN/MAY buy HWWT, and premium side content. But you can go your entire DOW life without it. Free library of solid proven designs, the Swedish Post-WWII Gengas book for example. Condensed with knowledge to glean from. People on the Free Side always willing to help someone out, share some noggin torque to pull that idea out of the hole.

Even Matt, who sells gasifiers, is willing to share his blood sweat and brain-cells earned research for free on the DOW and his website. Still what I would consider very competitive pricing compared to units I saw when I first got into prepping after high school.

Plus my fuel grows out of the ground and gives me clean air to breathe.

Sorry for the rant, this is just a very sore subject for me and I can’t wrap my head around the people that still to this day try to make them work when there’s proven century old systems right at your fingertips.

6 Likes

Good old uncle tony, he is a codgery good old boy. Knows how to do some awesome burnouts :grin:

3 Likes