Wood supply

Welcome to the world without rebaks. :smiley::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Well, there are rebaks and there are REBAKS… :smile:

9 Likes

@JO_Olsson , what diameter and length are you approximately with your wood?
Do you need to split a few pieces from rebak?
How far up and down in diameter do you find out in the woods?

2 Likes

It’s a mix. I feed the gasifier anything between 2"2"2 and debrie/dust. The small twigs in the ends of a limb tend to get a little longer in the rebak. 3" maybe.
I guess my avarage fuel size is about 1/4 of what you are using.

I never deliberately split rebak chunks, but the the largest diameters tend to split anyway when getting squized in the rebak.

I may sometimes throw very big chunks to the side and use them when idling around home. That will give the gasifier time to digest.

With very dry wood you can run bigger chunks. Oxygene can penetrate and uncover new active surface area faster, without being slowed down by steam.

3 Likes

Ok, I can probably get hold of small sticks, but then these have been lying for half a summer (probably) can I take these in a rebak?

1 Like

Birch seems to work pretty well in the rebak even if semi dried. Some willow get bone hard and impossible to chunk.

6 Likes
11 Likes

Those are some really cool toys. I want one of those in life size.:smile::smile:.

6 Likes

If that rebak was much bigger it would just be making split pieces of stove wood… :smiley:

4 Likes

that’s too cool. I want one.

3 Likes

I would take one that turns out stove wood. I need a shed full of that at the moment.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind one even just a little bigger to run around and pick up twigs out of the yard, but It would definitely need to be robotic. it probably would take 10x longer for me to run the stupid remote then to just pick up the sticks. I don’t want to waste that much time. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

What thickness should it be on the knife on a wood cut built on a rear axle?

1 Like

I trying to make a wood cut for the tractor, how thick does the sheet that cuts the wood need to be?

5 Likes

Just enough to hold up :smile:
From what I’ve seen, most people use rims (maybe 3mm???)
Lots of depends here. What kind of wood, what thickness and so on. I’ve even seen some youtubers use a support bearing to relieve axle and rim from too much bending force.

4 Likes

I would suggest putting a slip clutch on there as well. It will stop the chipper from back powering the tractor with shock force. They are common on most all implements and pretty cheap compared to splitting a tractor to rebuild the transmission. Having done that job 3 times recently and having a 4th tractor needing it from normal age related issues I would try to avoid any chance of abuse.

3 Likes

…and a flywheel…

4 Likes

I have smatter coupling on the PTO shaft, do you think that’s enough?

1 Like
3 Likes

unnamed
Something like that baler clutch and flywheel would be my recommendation.

3 Likes