Pre-heating the Charcoal/feedstock with exhaust gasses

It’s great and almost incredible!
Do you have an idea of the energy balance of the whole?

the use of exhaust heat counts for 30% from the engine input
The HHO takes about 400 watts at max
The charcoal is now gasified with the “external” heat applied instead of combusted/ converted

the exact numbers need to be measured in lab conditions,
this setup, as pictured, is a “real life”

but imagine the possibility’s

1 Like

Well, darn, I don’t see any of Marco’s posts, but this is an interesting topic anyways!
You do fascinating work, Koen, and I await a schematic that clarifies what we’re looking at in the last picture. Thanks for sharing your charcoal adventures!

2 Likes

Koen,
Does your reactor have a catalyst like magnetite, limestone, nickel, etc to form burnable NH3 instead of NOX emissions?

Bruce,

No it does not.
The NOx , formed in the combustion chamber of the ic engine, is reduced at almost nill, due the characteristic and effect from the exhaust gasses in EGR mode.

keeping the peak temperatures low in the combustion ( ic engien ) is the key ( no big problem with woodgas )
using NH3 in combination with intake air will spike the combustion temperature and requires other methodology.

future wise many improvements can be developed.

i hope i have understood your question well and replied correctly.

1 Like

Thanks Koen. Fun fun fun!

I do not understand why we are so few of us interested in what comes Koen derealize?
Gaséifier biomass without the burn, only from the external energy (gas and hho échapement) seems remarkable.
I have some questions to ask if I spoke English

1 Like

Don’t worry Thierry, many are interested, no need for big talks, they can use the knowledge if they please…
It also can help them if they want to build their own designs…
That is why sharing is important…
If you know that it can be done, you won’t give up on your work

2 Likes

Hello Van Looken… I have checked online but I haven’t found any patent about your CO2 converter…however your actual CO2 CONVERTER design can’t produce an good quality syngas because is wrong mix HHO togheter with the exaust gas… you produce an unnecessary high thermal power locally but the syngas quality is bad. And … is wrong use an bigger amount of charcoal inside the reactor because some carbon atoms, produced by HHO/EXAUST GAS reaction and captured from the syngas flow , are mixed togheter with the output syngas. You can use these atoms in other way reducing a lot the amount of charcoal and increasing the production of good quality syngas using 100% of exaust gas from the engine. That means also reduce a lot the dimension of reactor. You upload just photos but is possible watch an little video with the syngas flame from CO2 CONVERTER with an burner? Don’t worry… are just suggestions… Best Regards

Hello Lanini…

I must be doing something wrong then, coz i do have useable gas… did not count for atoms yet, but wil ask the running engine…

2 Likes

Havn’t already exhausted that subject😅

2 Likes

Hmmmmm… I always thought Koen’s systems work pretty dang good.

Pretty much… @lanini see the discussions below.

Koen Van Looken's CO2 Converter
Co2 Converter
The knowledge to build a Co2 Converter
co2 converter and closed loop system

2 Likes

Hi Mauro
What the introduction of HHO in a gasifier, it is different from the steam? (Same chemical composition!)
The water vapor and gas to exaust injected into a high temperature carbon bed has produce quality syngas?
J test to understand,
Thierry

On the HHO input of 400 watts max. Where does the power source come from to run the HHO generator? Also what voltage are you running the unit at? A/C, D/C, frequency?
Bob

@ Thierry
HHO must interact DIRECTLY with the charcoal for make local reduction zone… after exaust gas (CO2 and STEAM) must pass through this reduction zone … NO MIX HHO AND EXAUST GAS TOGHETER… ONLY using this design you obtain an good quality syngas. Please try experiments… and think with your mind…

@ Bobmac
with 400W you obtain no more than 1.8LPM of HHO … HHO is just made by electrolysis… don’t lost time and moneys on special power supply… DC battery and capacitor in parallel is enough…

i recognize the style of Lanini… must be an old friend ? Marco ?

1 Like

Bobmac, the power from the HHO comes from the batterycharger and the generator.
Yes i can play with the amps, volts and frequency.

Lanini, try to learn more…

The exhaust gas is been heated with the ignited/combusting HHO flame up till required temperature to gasify the charcoal.

1 Like

That’s about what I’m getting out of my HHO cell (Joe Csll) 2.2 lpm max.
Thanks. Bob