Pre-heating the Charcoal/feedstock with exhaust gasses

Don’t worry Thierry, many are interested, no need for big talks, they can use the knowledge if they please…
It also can help them if they want to build their own designs…
That is why sharing is important…
If you know that it can be done, you won’t give up on your work

2 Likes

Hello Van Looken… I have checked online but I haven’t found any patent about your CO2 converter…however your actual CO2 CONVERTER design can’t produce an good quality syngas because is wrong mix HHO togheter with the exaust gas… you produce an unnecessary high thermal power locally but the syngas quality is bad. And … is wrong use an bigger amount of charcoal inside the reactor because some carbon atoms, produced by HHO/EXAUST GAS reaction and captured from the syngas flow , are mixed togheter with the output syngas. You can use these atoms in other way reducing a lot the amount of charcoal and increasing the production of good quality syngas using 100% of exaust gas from the engine. That means also reduce a lot the dimension of reactor. You upload just photos but is possible watch an little video with the syngas flame from CO2 CONVERTER with an burner? Don’t worry… are just suggestions… Best Regards

Hello Lanini…

I must be doing something wrong then, coz i do have useable gas… did not count for atoms yet, but wil ask the running engine…

2 Likes

Havn’t already exhausted that subject😅

2 Likes

Hmmmmm… I always thought Koen’s systems work pretty dang good.

Pretty much… @lanini see the discussions below.

Koen Van Looken's CO2 Converter
Co2 Converter
The knowledge to build a Co2 Converter
co2 converter and closed loop system

2 Likes

Hi Mauro
What the introduction of HHO in a gasifier, it is different from the steam? (Same chemical composition!)
The water vapor and gas to exaust injected into a high temperature carbon bed has produce quality syngas?
J test to understand,
Thierry

On the HHO input of 400 watts max. Where does the power source come from to run the HHO generator? Also what voltage are you running the unit at? A/C, D/C, frequency?
Bob

@ Thierry
HHO must interact DIRECTLY with the charcoal for make local reduction zone… after exaust gas (CO2 and STEAM) must pass through this reduction zone … NO MIX HHO AND EXAUST GAS TOGHETER… ONLY using this design you obtain an good quality syngas. Please try experiments… and think with your mind…

@ Bobmac
with 400W you obtain no more than 1.8LPM of HHO … HHO is just made by electrolysis… don’t lost time and moneys on special power supply… DC battery and capacitor in parallel is enough…

i recognize the style of Lanini… must be an old friend ? Marco ?

1 Like

Bobmac, the power from the HHO comes from the batterycharger and the generator.
Yes i can play with the amps, volts and frequency.

Lanini, try to learn more…

The exhaust gas is been heated with the ignited/combusting HHO flame up till required temperature to gasify the charcoal.

1 Like

That’s about what I’m getting out of my HHO cell (Joe Csll) 2.2 lpm max.
Thanks. Bob

Yes I see what you doing. Keep up the good work. When you add this kind of gas it changes what happens in the reaction with in the reactor.
Thanks. Bob

Sorry… Who is Marco?

Understand FULLY your design but … leave it to the HHO his work… heating directly charcoal… and on the bottom inject exaust gas… adding an temperature sensor inside the reactor work a lot… you can admin the HHO gas ONLY when you need temperature… Why use HHO gas when the temperature is ok for obtain the reaction?

Who is Marco…

The same is happening again…" i fully understand your system but… forgot to read above postings ???"

tell me if i have a deja vu…

1 Like

Surely… I have checked on forum and I found the posts of Marco CIoni … some italians are working on HHO and wood pellet… no news … do you have update your design and/or is possible watch an video based on working CO2 CONVERTER?

1 Like

sorry Marco, if you try this, don’t waste my precious time…

HI koen ,good luck with the hho EXPERIMENT, the 120 pack cell i built before switching too wood gas a little over year ago,was lucky too produce 70 percent of the gas it used in wall electric.so it seems like a looseing battle,unless there is some majic going on, or for heating purpose might be gain.I think i would have too recycle all of the waisted heat from reaction and engine exoust, too see if any gain results,Keep us posted Thanks,Those HHO torches make handy rusty bolt heaters for mechanics as the heat hardly moves from the area of the nice small flame.

1 Like