Tractor with gas?

Link was from Tone Steve. I am currently researching ways to make methanol and as I do I see lots of videos on the side about people claiming the benefits of water as fuel. Haven’t looked at any of them but it seems odd that there would be so many scammers out there still promoting something I heard about long ago. Still, not interested enough to put any time into looking at it. But if you can turn base metals into gold and water into wine then why not engine fuel.

3 Likes

I searched and found Paul Pantone vaporization works previously referred to on the DOW:

Read down to comment #11.
Read Brent Wolf’s experiences trying to work directly with the GEET developer/promoter.

The real problem with all of these free-energy; 100 mpg carburetors; and “suppressed engine-fuels technology” distractions is that they do distract from wood-for-IC engine-power which is real.

So just who is trying to subvert who, eh? Bury woodgas/chargas in the information overload chattering.
Do not send these folks your moneys.
And do not let them rob you of irreplaceable life time.
Steve Unruh

7 Likes

GEET is a big perpetrator of what I like to call “Pay-Wall Liberation”. Oh we have the secret method to get rid of gasoline forever that Big Oil has been suppressing! But you have to pay a nonrefundable 200 dollars before we even let you see some blueprints and our only proof it works is word of mouth anecdotes and grainy videos that never have the whole unit in frame. Trust us it has plasma or something scientific going on in there!

Then when you prove they don’t work, or don’t work as advertised, the shills attack your YouTube channel or social media. Uncle Tony’s Garage has proven this against the Vapor Carburetor people, using their own sold junk- I mean “products”. Did a side by side test with no movie magic and the koolaid drinkers still deny it. He actually got worse fuel economy and less power in his test vehicle. Used a person that didn’t know which was which while driving it for objective results.

GEET, Vapor Carbs, HHO kits that somehow help fuel economy using only 12vdc as the power source(by the way the oxygen molecules bound in the hydrogen throws off the O2 sensor and confuses the PCM into thinking you’re lean and adds fuel trim wasting gas).

That’s why I like Woodgas, and particularly this forum. Sure you CAN/MAY buy HWWT, and premium side content. But you can go your entire DOW life without it. Free library of solid proven designs, the Swedish Post-WWII Gengas book for example. Condensed with knowledge to glean from. People on the Free Side always willing to help someone out, share some noggin torque to pull that idea out of the hole.

Even Matt, who sells gasifiers, is willing to share his blood sweat and brain-cells earned research for free on the DOW and his website. Still what I would consider very competitive pricing compared to units I saw when I first got into prepping after high school.

Plus my fuel grows out of the ground and gives me clean air to breathe.

Sorry for the rant, this is just a very sore subject for me and I can’t wrap my head around the people that still to this day try to make them work when there’s proven century old systems right at your fingertips.

6 Likes

Good old uncle tony, he is a codgery good old boy. Knows how to do some awesome burnouts :grin:

3 Likes

hello steve, the original GEET from paul pantone i tried some years ago…for a grass mower with 250ccm… half an hour runs, than not more, because the lighter part of gasoline in the bubbler goes up and reach the engine first, so also really nearby stinky exhaust…but the rest of the gasoline not works more! therefore pantone makes exhibition runs only for short time…i think he likes to find money by investors…people report of their builds, proud, but than they report nothing more, because it not works…
gillier seems to have taken up the idea, for me he looks serious, his idea is the same with the inner and outer pipe, but not mixing diesel with water, what pantone does, mixing water with fuel…
ciao giorgio

3 Likes

There are procedures for utilizing waste heat from internal combustion engines, one is the TEG process (thermoelectric element), the other is BMW Steamer. We have already discussed this method at Heat pump or generator using heat flow. However, when one examines all these procedures, one returns to the beginning and sees that the simplest and also the most effective method is to gasify wood and use gas directly in the engine.

5 Likes

Just started watching Uncle Tony. Smart.

2 Likes

I got some time these days before the holidays, which I dedicated to the gasifier for the tractor, …

12 Likes

I’m not clear on the top nozzles tone. Are they for some pre-heat prior to the ones in the reactor section? I have seen them on several builds but didn’t want to seem stupid by asking about them. I guess everyone else knows about them.

6 Likes

It looks really good, hmm, I wonder if I had to continue with mine now, you’ll be done soon, with your speed. :grinning:

3 Likes

Jan, I’m a bit lazy in spring, but I don’t have the right speed, … Well, there’s some progress, I imitated Marcus a bit, or Wayne’s way - the ribs on the fire tube. The air-cooled grille or heat exchanger consists of 25 rectangular tubes, maybe I will weld additional metal strips to increase the area. :thinking::fire:

10 Likes

Looks amazing, Tone, great work! :smiley:
Do you preheat the incoming air in the grate tubes? Is there openings in the bottom of the grate also?

3 Likes

Goran, below will be the supply of air to the air chamber, which will consist of another plate at a distance of 2 cm, then distribute the air along these rectangular tubes, below are holes 6.5 mm above and 8 mm above.

6 Likes

This actually does produce a result. But many people don’t understand the science…
The water droplets vaporize to steam when they are heated by the burning fuel. This increases power and efficiency. Some airplanes in world war II did this to increase power.
Rindert

5 Likes

A few more thoughts on the lower part of the hot zone, where I want to replace and save as much energy as possible, assuming that the upright grille will effectively transfer the heat of the gas to the fresh air and the gas cools down a lot. Then, so chilled, it would rise next to the hot zone and take away its heat, which is not good. Therefore, I have to surround the lower part of the hot zone with thin sheet metal, so a layer of hot gases for insulation will be created and the hot radiation will be reflected back inside, …

4 Likes

Pressure test of the air chamber seal at 1.5 bar, I must admit that I am not as good a welder as Marcus, it was leaking in 4 places, …
:grinning:

14 Likes

y’all keep blowing my head up but I enjoy seeing everyone doing this, fabrication is just a passion of mine and it looks pretty good when I take my time, but you have way more going on in your build so its impressive to only have a few small leaks in all that welding!

9 Likes

Tone, that looks like a space rocket after burner. You better start practicing your moon walk :grin:
Pics make it look big. What’s the firetube diameter?

6 Likes

I have to agree with Marcus, Tone. That is a lot of welds around the tops and bottoms of all those tubes. Only four leaks considering that at a certain point you had to weld around the backs of them mostly blind is impressive.

7 Likes

Exactly my thoughts too. There is some distance in welds. Only four leaks? Difficult, the pipes in the bottom.

6 Likes