Tractor with gas?

I have said it before and I just have to say it again Tone. You have designed a very good gasifier that burns even the fine charcoal up. A double burn gasifier. One of a kind. And yes to what everyone has said.
Bob

10 Likes

I have to smile every time I hear this tractor. It sounds like it’s making bubbles or running underwater. Really pretty relaxing.

7 Likes

Tom, I have a phone that is 5 years old, it records sound strangely, the microphone is probably surrounded by dirt that has accumulated over the years, oil, grease, dust, … I’m a little ashamed of the distorted sound, it actually sounds different.

13 Likes

Sounds real good to me Tone. I’ve heard enough roaring machines in my time.

9 Likes

Hey Folks,
This grate nozzle thingy, Tone has come up with, is a really big deal.
I didn’t know how it worked, really, just by looking at his sketch, but then as I added it to my own drawing I realized what is going on. When his char bed is good and gas can flow through it easily, the nozzle he has put in the grate flows very little air. Just because of Bernoulli effect the air rushing past its underside might even create a slight vacuum. But when the char bed becomes tight, and gas doesn’t flow through it as easily, that grate nozzle starts to flow a lot of air. This will, naturally, burn up the char in that area and allow the material in the restriction to settle, thus a fresh and probably looser char bed. This sets up a dynamic balance of flows between the main nozzles and the grate nozzle. This is a self regulating char bed maintenance system. If designed well I think there will be little need for vacuum gauges in the cab. This is a big step forward for reliability and ease of use.
Rindert

13 Likes

My grandpa used to have a saying in Dutch that translated “Luck by Accident”. I wonder if Tone thought about this before he built it or was it an added benefit.

6 Likes

Remember there is a language barrier. Tone isn’t talking to us in his native language. I would not be surprised at all if he had visualized this whole thing beforehand. And I’m not so sure I like the term luck, maybe divine inspiration would be more appropriate.
Rindert

7 Likes

Haha, yes. Direct translated. I dont want to speak for Tone, but I am almost certain his gasifier acts exactly the way it is designed.

9 Likes

Yes Rindert, your explanation is what is happening here seens to be correct in your thinking. About Luck? Not sure but more devine yes in what we see here. It worked the very first time no rebuilds. This is like what Nicolea Testa said, about some of things that came to him in his mind that he persused and became reality and we are using these inventions today.
@Tone good job on the self purging ash grate system.
The air entry from the bottom through the grate vains preheater seems to be working great.
What is so cool in this build is it can be incorperated into the WK gasifier system fire tube. No need for drop box or exhaust preheaters from what I can see. It is a lighter weight gasifier too.
Bob

8 Likes

“Nothing new in the west” … just a background image …

14 Likes

Looking good Tone! Very nice setup

6 Likes

Hey Joep, are you still traveling in Dalmatia? Report what, how it was. :yum:

3 Likes

Not traveling Tone, just resting. We found a free spot in Sibenik, the same as last year. Split/ Trogir was really crowded. Normally we stay below Makarska/ Tucepi. A little less crowded, relatively speaking. Beautiful hiking routes over there. Did every top there. And Biokovo off course. Anyway, Sibenik is beautifull too and more for the kids. Lots of bars etc. Did some hiking around Knin/ Drnis. Nice walk 3,5 km 2 ml up and the same down. Top 1150 m, route says Promina but I think I saw another name on top.

Who is the first to walk this path? If you think woodgas is difficult, try walking without a path :grinning:

Nice refreshment afterwards. As a flatlander I go completely grazy if I see these mountains. It was a nice day and my legs hurts where I even didnt know there are muscles.

9 Likes

And today some mountainbiking and swimming on our way. And for you Tom, a hangar next to the coast. Build the same way as your dome

The girlies ready for tonight.

And you what the meat is :grinning:
No need to go home yet

10 Likes

Joep, thank you for the beautiful photos, I hope you enjoy your vacation

7 Likes

Our beloved spot in Croatia was Primosten, just in the middle between Sibenik and Trogir.

6 Likes

Thanks Tone. Sorry for off topic. We will meet in real some day, but is must take place under woodgas conditions :grinning:

Thanks Kamil. Heard the name a lot of times. Maybe next weekend there is some time for a visit.

3 Likes

Cleaning the ash and flushing the refrigerator, … after the last change on the restriction opening, there is no longer any resistance in the gasifier.

17 Likes

Starting the gasifier (I cut out some of the boredom) and the Sunday drive.

12 Likes

Impressive Tone, I love it when a plan comes together :grinning: You really understand the things that are going on in there.

Btw, the chief heard your music and asked what I was watching. Tone s tractor I said and showed her the video. What is he doing, she asked. Filling his tank :joy: That was the moment her eyes got glazy and she must have been thinking, grazy boys. :grinning:

8 Likes